Location: Gaucín, Spain
Impressive country estate with Manor house and Chapel in Gaucin, 45 minutes by car from the center of Marbella.
One of a kind property located in the Municipality of Gaucin and surrounded by lush countryside, overlooking the Genal Valley and Sierra Espartina's mountains. Overall almost 95 hectares (99,85 hectares - 247 acres - in the Property Registry, minus 5.6 hectares which will be segregated to have a new and independent access for the neighbouring estate, access which has already been approved by the Council). Our property has large gardened areas and bush, with wild olive tres, carob trees, pines, gall oaks and fruit tres, specially orange tres. There is plenty of water.
Four buildings altogether, 1.326 built sqm, enclosed 923 sqm, at present in total 11 bedrooms and 11 bathrooms:
1. Manor House, the "Cortijo", with swimming pool, 817 sqm
2. Guest House, the "Cortijillo", 185 sqm
3. Caretakers dependencies and stables , 214 m2
4. Chapel 110 m2
1. The Cortijo: Offering complete privacy, the main house comprises, on ground floor: entrance with access to a beautiful Andalusian-style interior patio; cosy living room with fireplace; dining room with direct access to covered terraces and the garden; study; master bedroom with "his and hers" bathrooms; en-suite bedroom accessed from patio; large kitchen; laundry room; wine cellar; amazing 2 storey library with chimney (accessed from patio); guest toilet. On the upper level there is a tower with a one bedroom en suite . Mature garden with pool.
2. The Cortijillo: The guest house is a few minutes from the main house and has a living/dining room with terrace, kitchen, 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms plus parking space for several cars.
3. Two independent staff quarters each of 2 bedrooms, one with 2 bathrooms and the other with a 1 bathroom. Next to the staff quarters are 3 stables which overlooks the paddock. There is also a protected area for hens and ducks and some huts for goats.
4. The beautiful chapel has a wonderful wooden beamed ceiling. The chapel seats 50 people and is situated between the main house and guest house
On top of that, the estate has plenty of water, with a reservoir of over 1200 sqm and the stream source of the Arroyo del Moro.
A unique location, with good access, total privacy and only 20 minutes by car from Gaucin (with all its services and restaurants), 35 minutes to the Costa del Sol and its beaches, and 90 minutes to Málaga airport. A true Peace retreat.